Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Meac Picks: Week 9

Missed a week but hey, such is the life of an engineering student. Anyways lets get right down to it.

Thursday Night Game:

Delaware St @ Morgan St, ESPNU 7:30

This should be one highly anticipated Thursday matchup as both teams push for the MEAC championship. The bears (3-4, 2-2 MEAC) are essentially facing an elimination game as one more loss would put them out of the race, barring a major meltdown at the top. The 1 point loss at the hands of Howard last weekend in DC should have the bears fired up, but I'm expecting Nick Elko & the hornet to pull this one out.

My Pick: Del State

Saturday Games:

Savannah St @ Hampton:

Both teams are having quite the abysmal season. At one win a piece, its really a slight edge to Hampton due to their offense and because its Homecoming down at the bay. I'm wondering which QB will start for the rest of the season though.

 My pick: Hampton

Howard @ SCSU

Homecoming down in Orangeburg this weekend will be a good boost to the boys in garnet & blue. Both teams are coming into this matchup winning big games last weekend. Howard outlasts MSU 21-20, & SCSU takes down FAMU in Tally. SCSU is having its worst season in a long time and the bison are on the rise. Plus LB Keith Pough is such an enforcer for Howard. I'll take Howard in a nail biter.

My pick: Howard

NCCU @ BCU

I could get into all the numbers and stats and such. But I'll simply go with what my eyes have told me. NCCU hasn't had a truly difficult schedule so far. A last second win against Morgan St isn't enough for me. I think BCU brings the "improved" Eagles back to reality.....besides.....the Aggie in me just won't let me do it.

My Pick: BCU

NSU @ NCAT

What is going on in Norfolk? No one expected NSU's season to be like this. But I suppose after losing 20+ seniors and last years offensive coordinator this might have been expected. But thats college sports. Bring in the Aggies, fresh off that 24-0 beatdown at the hands of Del. State. This team is real Jekyl & Hyde. One week they look as good as they should after the year they had last year. The next week they're offensively inept and look as sorry as the aggies of the past. Mike Mayhew, once again, will be the key this week for the game. I think he shows out for his last #GHOE.

My Pick: A&T

0 comments:

Post a Comment