Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Giants 29 - Cowboys 24 (6-2)

.......Something about this game...just irks my nerve. Don't get me wrong, I'll take the W anyday. But lets be real clear....the Giants limped to the finish line in the one. You cowboys fans can say we got lucky, won by an inch. *Shrug*... I'll take that too. But here's my understanding, in an NFC East matchup, no lead is safe, and there is no such thing as a guaranteed W. You must work for 4 entire quarters or you will be going home with an L.

This game came literally in 3 phases. During the 1st Quarter The Giants Defense came to the party. Turnovers left and right setup short fields for Eli & the Offense....but there were some issues punching it in. After 5 turnovers in the first half, you need more then 23 points to show for it. A 31 or 35 point effort off of turnovers would've sealed the deal early. But once again, that is just an observation.

After Pierre-Paul's Pick 6, which put the Giants up 23-0 came in the 2nd Quarter, the scoring stopped and the cowboys went to work. Its no secret that the Giants secondary can be picked apart when at times. And let me tell you Romo and Witten picked the right time. Down the stretch of the half, the cowboys added those 10 points and got some momentum. Coming in the 3rd quarter when I found out they received the ball first, I knew that the GMen were in trouble. Two more scores on the board and we're looking at a 24-23 Cowboys lead. However, the best was yet to come.

Everyone knows when the scoreboard reads "Quarter: 4" and your quarterback is Eli Manning, you have little to fear, as this guy turns into a hero. He did everything he could to bring the Giants back, but still could not find the end zone. Tynes two field goals put us up 29-24 and the waiting game began. We all know what happened next. I won't even get into the fingertips thing. It is what it is. Giants Win, ugly, fast start....but still a win.

Being 6-2, I'm far from comfortable right now. Because historically I know what this team does with 6-2 starts. The injuries and difficult schedule begins to eat us alive. In the months of November & December, this team can really surprise you with how bad they can be. I'm just hoping they keep it going forward because like I say every week. The back end of this schedule will not be kind to us. We still have 3 AFC North opponents and the 2 strongest NFC South opponents to deal with. Another date with the Eagles & Redskins and of course.....the packers. Give me 11-5 and I'll be happy because I think that'll be enough to win the NFC East. Honestly I'm hoping to avoid the 1st round bye. Historically, teams get blasted coming off that bye week in the playoffs. I'll pass on that.

Stevie Brown has become the DB the Giants have been looking for. I hope he sticks around for some years because he loves to get himself the ball.

Next Game: Vs Steelers 4:25pm

Hurts.....doesn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment